Thursday, January 5, 2017

#KiliTeam2017: Lori

On Sunday, January 15, our 2017 Reach Beyond: Mount Kilimanjaro team will be departing Toronto and heading for Tanzania in preparation for their trek to the top of the mountain - a trek that will surely offer the adventure of a lifetime.

You'll be able to get updates on the team's progress here on the blog but, in the meantime, we thought we'd introduce you some of this year's #KiliTeam2017 climbers.

Lori is a member of Outward Bound Canada's board of directors and a strong believer in and supporter of the organization's mission. For Lori, climbing Kili is not only a personal challenge but a way to help provide life-changing opportunities to others who need them most.



"I believe that we are all here for a purpose. Some will move mountains. Some will be the foundational rocks for others.

I love my life of adventure, learning & evolving. I am exceptionally fortunate to have found my real passion in life while sitting on a mountain top in Sillustani, Peru. I love to bring value to other people’s lives, whether that’s through coaching, team work, sharing my love of photography or just being there for my friends and family. As a business executive, I know how impactful it is when teams work well together. As a mom, I know how critical self-confidence is to everything that my children do. As an executive coach, I know how important confidence & a real understanding of personal values is to being the best person we can each be.

My hope for climbing Kili as part of the OBC Reach Beyond team is that we can collectively give more people opportunities to reconnect to their personal values, rebuild their confidence so that they can lead the life they love."

Check out Lori's fundraising page and support her climb at Canada Helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment